FOR THE ATTENTION OF YOUR: Street, Response, Rail, School & Prayer Pastors.
I pray you are well. Please see the attached flyer.
In April 2003, God launched His ministry of Street Pastors in Lambeth. 18 Street Pastors, 15 women and 3 men were the first to put on our stylish uniform. Who would have expected the Church to be walking the Streets at 2am showing the love of Jesus with some team members being in their 70’s.
Back then we had no idea that 20 years later we would be one of the largest Christian outreach programs in the UK. I am amazed and humbled on how big the Street Pastors project has grown, not only in the UK but overseas; this shows the mighty hand of God wanting His church to be a visible presence, a listening ear and a friend to thousands of people over the last 20 years.
It would be impossible to count how many people have been impacted around the world during these 20 years, also what a huge aid we have been to the Police, council, emergency services, night time economy and the Church.
In celebration of this amazing landmark, we are putting together a very special patrol and a civic ceremony marking our anniversary and would love your pastors to join this celebration. We hope to have media coverage on the day, our desire is that our pastors ministry will shine in Lambeth in honour to God, praising and thanking Him for His Church. We are inviting you to join this patrol and also to join in the civic ceremony after the patrol. For this patrol we are looking for a minimum of 50 pastors along with as many Prayer Pastors as possible.
The Civic Ceremony will take place at St Matthews Church, Brixton Hill, London SW2 1JF at 7.00pm and finish by 8.00pm.
For those willing to be a part of this patrol please book in via this Eventbrite link – https://street-pastors-20th-anniversary-patrol.eventbrite.co.uk
- 3.30pm PROMPT for fellowship, refreshments and prayer on Tuesday 18th April 2023
- Meeting point is St Mark’s Church, 337 Kennington Park Road, London, SE11 4PW
- Nearest tube station: Oval Tube Station – Northern Line. The station is directly across the main road from St Mark’s
- Patrol Times: 5.00pm – 6.45pm.
- All team members must be in full uniform including jackets, polos/shirts, caps/beanie hats (min of 3 pieces). Headwear must be worn.
- Prayer Pastors are to wear prayer polo and fleece.
- The patrol is towards Brixton town centre with patrol routes led by designated team leaders on the day.
- Please bring minimal items with you as we will not have anywhere to store your personal belongings at either venue. Any items you bring will need to be carried with you during the patrol. ‘The less, the better’.
- Please cover your uniform when travelling on public transport OR change into your uniform upon arrival at St Marks. If you have a Street Pastor ruck sack or bag, please bring it with you. We may give you items to give out along the patrol route.
- No expenses can be claimed.
- No parking is available at either venue.
- Closing date for Eventbrite booking is Friday 14th April 2023.
Remember… book by visiting https://street-pastors-20th-anniversary-patrol.eventbrite.co.uk and please pass this on to your teams. Without them this occasion will not be a success.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com